The Governing Council of ISBM will present up to ten Early Career Awards, each in the value of USD 500, to encourage a further career in behavioral medicine. The awards will be distributed at a congress ceremony, where all awardees are expected to be present. Some additional ISBM funds are available for award winners from countries with limited resources, to partially cover conference-related costs.
Recipients will have distinguished themselves scientifically or in their clinical practice career.
Selection of the Early Career Award is based on total career achievement and review of a submitted and accepted abstract. To qualify for this award, the applicant has to meet the eligibility criteria listed below:
- Should be no more than seven (7) years out from their highest degree and/or
- Have held a faculty or professional position for no more than seven (7) years.
- Must submit an abstract of empirical work.
- Must be the first or only author of the accepted abstract.
- Attendance and presentation at the congress is required.
Priority may be given to applications from countries with limited resources, and/or representatives from different geographical regions.
In addition to submitting an abstract to the Congress Secretariat, applicants are asked to submit the following documents through the abstract submission portal:
- a short curriculum vitae (max 4 pages)
- a cover letter with full contact details (name, postal address, phone, fax, email)
The applications will be judged by Dr Anne H Berman, Chair, ISBM Education and Training Committee, members of the Education and Training Committee, and members of the Scientific Program Committee.
Applicants from countries with limited resources are requested to clearly indicate if they need funds to cover the costs of travel, registration and lodging. Dr Berman and members of the Scientific Program Committee will evaluate these requests.
The deadline for the award applications is 25th March 2016. All applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application by 1 September 2016